Job responsibilities and expectations include:
- Manage team and schedule weekly/daily goals and tasks for you and the crew to complete jobs in an efficient manner
- Proactively maintain and organize all materials, tools, and products on job sites
- An excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and a willingness to learn new techniques
- An exceptional ability to complete work with a high level of independence, accuracy, and efficiency
- Manage jobs and study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout in conformance to building codes and determine dimensions and materials required
- Build foundations, install floor systems, stand walls, and roof systems using various construction methods
- Fit and install windows, window frames, doors (including pocket doors), door frames, door hardware, mouldings, interior and exterior trim
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in all types of buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Must work well in a team environment (Crew, Project Managers, Trades and Admin staff), communicate effectively and be flexible to changing requirements
- Uses logic, creativity, and reason to identify solutions
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
Carpenter – Lead Hand Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience as a lead hand or supervisor in residential construction
- An excellent understanding of carpentry techniques
- Thorough understanding of the Ontario Building Codes
- Ability to meet and work with Building Inspectors to a positive outcome
- Ability to lead by example and work alongside all employees on the tools
- Exceptional attention to detail, must take pride in jobs and must not be willing to sacrifice quality
- Self-motivated worker, able to complete jobs in timely manner and motivate others to do the same
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be professional, honest, and respectful
- Solutions focused
- Team Player
- Client focused